Pegasus fawcet. Where does this screw go??

I have a Pegasus faucet.

Does anyone know where this small screw (lower left corner) goes?

I think it fits into the hole in

but don't know how to get it in??

Reply to
Deodiaus

this is the faucet

Deodiaus

Just a SWAG, is that small screw brass? Might hold the faucet washer onto the bottom of the valve stem.

. Christ> I have a Pegasus faucet.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Deo,

The out of focus pictures don't help. If you send a photo of your faucet to Pegasus, they will tell you what model you have. From there you should be able to find a drawing (hopefully an "exploded parts drawing). Is the hole that you like threaded? If so what's the problem with trying the screw in that hole? A stubby or a 90 degree driver should work.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

Ask the person who took the faucet apart.

Reply to
willshak

Learn how to spell before posting to alt.home.repair again!

Reply to
EnglishTeacher_Grade7

I took it apart and think the screw goes into the hole next to the base abo ut an inch from the countertop and faces away from the user. I can't find the threaded hole where it goes into. There is a split ring holding the li ttle plunger in place, but I think the screw goes somewhere around there. I should have taken a pic when I took it apart. BTW, the pic is out of foc us because it is a reflection via a mirror The camera uses sound to focus.

Reply to
Deodiaus

Deodiaus

That hole is where the divertor valve goes, isn't it? It's too big for that screw, I think.

. There is a split ring holding the little plunger in place,

Whoa, back up. What split ring? What plunger? I don't see any thing like that laid out in your JPEGs.

but I think the screw goes somewhere around there. I should have taken a pic when I took it apart. BTW, the pic is out of focus because it is a reflection via a mirror The camera uses sound to focus.

Have you assembled the faucet without the mystery screw? Does it leak? Could the screw be from another project? It looke like the sort of screw used to hold a faucet washer. Did you service the faucet valves?

Reply to
David L. Martel

Reply to
Deodiaus