Peeling eggs

Neighbor is giving me free eggs from his chickens. Shell is very thin.
Any tricks for peeling egg shells without destroying the egg when the shell is very thin?
Zhenya Solovyov wrote:

For very fresh eggs , drop them GENTLY into a pan of boiling water (slotted spoon) , when done move them into a pan of ice water . The thermal shock will loosen the shell so it can be removed with minimum damage .
--
Snag

On 7/4/2016 9:02 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Exactly. If you put the eggs in water and then bring it to a boil they will be harder to peel I also roll the egg on the counter to break up the shell all over, then peel.

My, my. Aren't you the Julia Child of the group. ;-)
Gordon Shumway wrote:

No , I don't talk funny ... <sfsf> -- Snag
On 7/4/16 6:17 PM, Zhenya Solovyov wrote:

Some folks say to put baking soda in the water. It seems to help.
--
RonNNN

On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 09:14:41 -0500, RonNNN wrote:

What is the salt or sodium bicarb supposed to do?
Sounds like an old wive's tale.
On Tuesday, July 5, 2016 at 12:50:32 PM UTC-5, Henry Jones wrote:

water is supposed to help with peeling. But the best way to insure you eggs will peel with ease the eggs are at least 2 weeks old. The air bubble increases with age thus making the boiled egg easier to peel.

I don't profess to know the chemistry of it, but it seems to work for me. All I can suggest is try it for yourself, you have nothing to loose.
--
RonNNN

On Mon, 4 Jul 2016 23:17:03 -0000 (UTC), Zhenya Solovyov

Something about putting the boiled eggs in cold water, iirc.
On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 01:41:44 -0400, Micky

before boiling - 2 ir more weeks is better.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote: - show quoted text - " Don't boil fresh eggs. Leave them in the fridge for AT LEAST a week before boiling - 2 ir more weeks is better. "
Man, no WONDER my FARTS smelled so bad as a kid after having soft boiled eggs at my grandma's!
I asked her if I could have some more, she just stuck her head in the room, winced, and exclaimed, "I think you've had just about enough!" ;)

Seems a natural topic for folks to drift(down) into, but in the interest of keeping home.repair about nuts, bolts, and toilets, I'll help show such discourse the door...
On Monday, July 4, 2016 at 7:17:07 PM UTC-4, Zhenya Solovyov wrote:

I have good luck with Julia Child's method, although I generally boil standard grocery-store eggs:
<http://www.food.com/recipe/julia-childs-hard-boiled-eggs-468926 Cindy Hamilton