peel and stick tiles

te:

do something quick and easy to install. So I thought about peel and stick t iles but I am not sure if they can stick nicely on the floor of the bedroom which is now laminate floor (not sure though, please see pictures below)

this floor or do I need to use a glue?

not know how to do it and I need to finish it asap, that is why I decided to go with peel and stick tiles. Is it easy to install Laminates? is it eas y like peel and stick? Thanks- Hide quoted text -

tead.  Can I install it on top of the floor I have now? which i think it is also laminate but an old one? or do I need under pad?

A laminate like Pergo can generally go over the existing floor, provided it's sound. The other obvious considerations are any implications that the increased height has for doors, where it meets other adjacent areas, etc. Their will be specific instructions on the manufactuer's websites.

Also, there are basicaly two kinds of "laminate". One is an engineered wood product that uses real wood veneer that is bonded to a different and cheaper wood substrate. The less expensive alternatives like Pergo are essentially made to look like a real wood product, but are entirely synthetic.

From you pic, it looks like what you have now may be the first kind. As I said before, many of those can be refinished, because they are a real wood veneer that can be sanded down. If that is what you have and the floor is not in real bad shape, that could be an option. And you'd have wood floors, not a cheaper, less desirable floor, be that stick-on tiles or the cheaper Pergo like laminates.

Reply to
trader4

Thanks a lot for your help TomR, I do appreciate your help as always. I bou ght Allure TafficMaster Flooring that the strips stick together. I will ins tall them soon. So i went with "Allure TrafficMaster Vinyl Flooring where t he strips STICK" as you said. Thanks a lot once again, really appreciate it so much.

Reply to
leza wang

It looked from one of the pics like the existing laminate is one of the engineered wood products, ie real wood veneer. I had suggested that refinishing that might be an option, unless it's too badly damaged. Many of them are thick enough that it can be done. But apparently no interest in that possibility..... She appears to be going with one of the plastic "wood look" laminates.

I'm with you on that one. I put P&S in my laundry room/pantry. Even there, when the house was built, it would have been easy to extend the large ceramic tile area that runs from foyer, down the hall, through the kitchen.

Reply to
trader4