peel and stick tiles

Page 2 of 2

ing quick and easy to install. So I thought about peel and stick tiles but I am not sure if they can stick nicely on the floor of the bedroom which is now laminate floor (not sure though, please see pictures below)

r or do I need to use a glue?

Make sure whatever you decide upon does not interfere with doors opening, cutting off the bottom of a door requires some tender care.
leza wang wrote:

I'm sorry I'm not answering your question, but I do wonder why you think peel-and-stick (P&S) tiles (usually found on the outside porches in trailer parks) would be better than the existing laminate?
Is it because the existing floor covering - the laminate - is damaged?
I'll admit to using P&S when my water heater sprung a leak and flooded the carpeting in a nearby breakfast room. I knew, however, that the installation was to be temporary and the P&S was the cheapest remedy. Within a month, I replaced the P&S with ceramic tile, at $0.49/sq ft.

er

It looked from one of the pics like the existing laminate is one of the engineered wood products, ie real wood veneer. I had suggested that refinishing that might be an option, unless it's too badly damaged. Many of them are thick enough that it can be done. But apparently no interest in that possibility..... She appears to be going with one of the plastic "wood look" laminates.

ion

I'm with you on that one. I put P&S in my laundry room/pantry. Even there, when the house was built, it would have been easy to extend the large ceramic tile area that runs from foyer, down the hall, through the kitchen.