Peat Humus

With the start of gardening season it seems that no one sells peat humus anymore. Wal-mart. home depot, lowes, my local nurseries, no body has it any more. Any ideas on why they put an end to the best thing you could put in your garden?

Reply to
DonG

Don't know where you're located, but if it's winter and cold, that may be why you can't find it. It's always available here in NJ when I've needed it. But never went looking for it in winter. Did you ask the local nurseries why they don't have it?

I'm in Florida where it used to be available year round. The first thing I did was ask "why" they didn't have any. The number one answer was that their vendor didn't carry it any longer, while the others said they don't carry it any more. I'll get to the bottom of this.

Reply to
DonG

Check your yellow pages for a couple of landscapers who have the biggest display ads. Call them and see if they can give you some sources you may not be aware of yet.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom