Peanut Butter Recall

"This peanut butter contains at least 99.9% organically grown peanuts, and no more than .1% salmonella bacteria." :-)

Ofcourse just for flavor.
;)
wrote in

you omitted the mouse turds.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

2 are allowed per jar.

Not a peanut butter expert, but it was explained that peanut butter is 100% mashed peanuts.
Now the 'other' stuff, is mash peanuts, remove the peanut oil to be sold separately. Then add vegetable oil as a cheap substitute. To cover up the change in taste, flavor with sugar and salt.
Now I wasn't sure about this, but compare the ingredients.
tom

Most popular brands of peanut butter add both a sweetener and something to keep the oil from separating out. It will say on the label.
The bargain brand I've got in my filing cabinet says: Roasted peanuts, sugar, molasses, fully hydrogenated vegetable oils, and salt.
On Feb 17, 4:11 pm, "Stormin Mormon" <cayoung61-

I had 2 jars with 2111 on the lid, already opened one and it's half gone....no belly ache...no poopin, must be ok. Much ado about nothing if you ask me, a few dozen people get a tummy ache and the whole freakin country goes ito a frenzy. Yeah, I know some people died from it but you know what??? those people were gonna die ANYWAY from SOMETHING (like an infected hang nail maybe) And on the positive side maybe peter pan killed that skanky Anna Nichole Ho taking her out before she pollutes the gene pool even FURTHER.
Amazing isn't it, a few (already sick/dying) people croak from eating peanut butter and the country goes nuts, One REALLY NASTY skank that I wouldn't touch with YOUR pee pee dies and everyone starts bawlin, BUT 40,000 people die every year in car crashes (most of which could be avoided by not driving like A holes) and not a word is spoken. And I could go on and on.....
Well, thats my rant for today,I feel better now, guess I'll go have a nutter nutter butter peanut butter sandwich.
Hugs to All G

I wouldn't put it exactly like you did but you're pretty close.
The peanut butter was the only common denominator for all the sick and dead. Last I heard, they hadn't found bacteria in any PB. The recall is just a precaution. It was sold in 69 countries.
--Andy Asberry-- ------Texas-----