Peanut Butter Recall

Page 1 of 3

I know it's not home repair.
Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.
Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.
I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
I know it's not home repair.
Close call. A bit too close, for me, for sure.
Checked the pantry for Peter Pan with the code #2111 on the lid.
I had six (count 'em, six!) of them. I coulda been sick for a year, and not known what happened. Got to keep up with the news.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Bob wrote:

refund. Couldn't say more, cause the ConAgra website has its bandwidth exceeded right now.
--
Grandpa

Bob wrote:

Wegmans will exchange them.
Rob

WalMart refunded my money. I'm wondering if I can get reimbursed frrom ConAgra for the doctor bill.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Had you kept the jar and had it tested, you could collect if it was positive. The proof is gone. There is also a rather nasty virus going around that causes you to have symptoms similar to food poisoning. You'll be losing your internals out both ends.
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 16:11:10 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

I had 4 jars - all with 2111 on them. I'm currently peanutbutterless.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

I'm glad I'm a Skippy fan. Get yourself a jar of Super Chunk.
It was on sale today and very little left since the Peter Pan was pulled.
wrote in message

My daughter had Skippy and my two favorite grandsons were sick until they got rid of it. They are doing fine now.

Having Skippy in the house makes them sick? I've been eating it as long as I can recall, about 60 years

Been eating it as long as...

Well, the recall was about a specific batch from Con-Agra, which is apparently contaminated with salmonella. And included stuff labeled for Peter Pan, and Great Value. I dunno what the deal is in the above about skippy, Maybe the kids are sensitive to one or more or the non-peanut additives?

It is not a specific batch, it is all of the peanut butter from their Georgia plant (2111 is the plant number) since the spring of 06.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in wrote:

Meaning only the PB brands Peter Pan and Great Value.
and maybe Skippy is not a ConAgra product?? Thus not made at that GA ConAgra plant... OR Skippy brand comes from different plants elsewhere.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Skippy is made by Unilever (was Lever Brothers), JIF is made by Smucker.
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:10:54 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Yes, I had some old #2111.
BTW, I did send in the lids. If no refund comes, it's not my fault.
In case anyone wants to know, first class US postage for between 1 and 2 ounces is 63 cents.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
wrote in message

they had Skippy. Today she was talking about it and it was Peter Pan.~
wrote in message

Now my wife says it was Peter Pan. 3 days ago it was Skippy. Tomorrow it will have been Jiff. After that, who knows.
wrote in message

Is Skippy a ConAgra product? Are the boys eating -other- PB brands without getting sick?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
wrote in message

My wife didn't get the brand right. She told me that they had Skippy that had the salmonella.