PB Blaster Silicon Spray causes squeaks!

Page 2 of 2

For the most part I agree about not mixing lubricants. However, it this case, the WD-40 worked for a while, adding the silicon caused a major issue but reapplying the WD-40 - without cleaning off the silicon - resulted in silence.
It would be weird to think that putting silicon on top of WD-40 would cause a problem but putting WD-40 on top of silicon wouldn't. In other words, I don't think that it's a mixture of the 2 products that caused the issue in this case.
On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 00:42:28 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

This bar is a tensioner/positioner in addition to an opening width stop. Some lubricants make the tensioner squeal. I usually wipe the bar down to remove dirt/debris and apply a small amount of white lube or old style wax-based distributor cam lube. No problems so far.
--
Mr.E

... Snip ...

That's interesting. I'll look into that. Thanks!