Paver patio

All

I had a paver patio put in about 3 years ago. (They are set in sand, not concrete).

The problem is the leading edge of it ends on an incline (ie, the yard slopes down, and so the bottom edge of the pavers are at ground level).

The installers put plastic strips, with 8" spikes along the lenght of the patio (about 75'). But this is n't working' the sand is washing from under th pavers, and if you step on the last row of pavers, they shift downward substantially.

Any ideas on how to secure the leading edge?

Thanks Matt

Reply to
Matt

Thanks Joseph -

But I'm guessing that it will take a WHOLE LOT! of soil to do that, as it's a fairly steep grade.

But, if thats what it takes, thats what it takes.

Thanks again.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Morgan

Cool. I like that idea.

Thanks!

Reply to
Matt

Bury a few cinder blocks or a row of a retaining wall and cement the last couple of rows on top. - make you prepare the base with something that will allow moisture to drain and make you tap it really well.

Thank,s A

Reply to
Andrew

All,

This post may appear twice, I apologize if this happens.

About 3 years ago, I had a paver (sand foundation) patio put in.

It's about 75' long, by 9' deep.

Problem is that the leading edge ends on a slope, leaving the entire row of pavers at ground level.

The sand is washing from under the last row; and stepping on them causes them to collapse to the angle of the slope.

The installers had put in plastic strips along the leght of the leading edge, secured with 7" spikes.

That solution is failing, and I've a feeling the problem is going to work its way backwards all the way to the edge of my house.

(Althought the patio is 100% level).

Any ideas as to how I might secure the final row of pavers?

Thanks Matt

Reply to
Matt Morgan

My suggestion is to get some clay heavy soil to build up around the patio. You can leave the edging the builder used, but back it up with a foot of so of heavy clay soil sloping slightly away from the patio.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Use a 2x6 treated as your edge, level with the stone

Reply to
m Ransley