Patio Steps

I want to build steps up from a patio to the floor-level door which is about 18" above the ground. I have a lot of home and yard remodeling experience but none with this particular task. Trouble is I can't find a book or anything to guide me on construction and give me options on different styles, ie., stone, cement, brick, etc. Anyone here know where I can turn?
Kevin

The easy way to do this is to use a 3 tread PT stringers from Lowes or HD and PT lumber.
I can post more if you are interested in this solution.
Another solution is to use CB and fill and pour steps. The first is a lot less work.
--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.