Patching vinal siding

While using the weed wacker I damaged my vinal siding (rock got slung aganist it). Apparently it doesn't take much. The hole is about thumnail size. What could use to patch this..? Is there a caulk type compound..?

I have several spare lengths of siding that the builder left or me. But don't think it makes sense to replace a section for such a small area. Thanks.

Reply to
in2-dadark

I've dinged my siding in the same way.

To repair small holes and such, I've cut a length of replacement siding to cover the hole and then glued it. Yes, it's noticeable but less so than the hole itself. By the way, I keep the width of the siding so it matches what's there and then work it or trim it to match.

Reply to
franz fripplfrappl

Leern ta spell morun

Itz spellt VYNALE ya doofisss

Da Spell Inspekter.

Reply to
spellinspekter

It is very easy to replace a piece of vynil siding. See here:

BTW you don't really need that tool, I used a cotter key extractor many times. You can even 'unlock' a piece by pushing down at the bottom. Takes 20 minutes tops to replace a 12' piece.

Reply to
Limp Arbor

It is very easy to replace a piece of vynil siding. See here:

BTW you don't really need that tool, I used a cotter key extractor many times. You can even 'unlock' a piece by pushing down at the bottom. Takes 20 minutes tops to replace a 12' piece.

Reply to
amdx

Never heard of vinal siding. Anyone else know what that is?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What is vynil?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Palstic! Hello!?

Reply to
Shanghai McCoy

The builders tech repaired it for me when he came by to do another repair under the 2nd year section of the warranty.. Now I can only see the repaired section if I put my glasses on and look real close.

He used a silicone caulk that matches the color and he backed it up with insulation. I guess he's got a lot of practice because it's as close to perfect as you could get...

Even though I gave the product he used a good look, I still don't think I'd be able to pick it out of all the choices at lowes. I guess I'd be a general purpose or a window type exterior caulk...?

(I just used my spell check and it said 'vinal' is not incorrect...?) So why all the anality..?

Reply to
in2-dadark

Tahnks!

Reply to