Patching vinal siding

While using the weed wacker I damaged my vinal siding (rock got slung aganist it). Apparently it doesn't take much. The hole is about thumnail size. What could use to patch this..? Is there a caulk type compound..?
I have several spare lengths of siding that the builder left or me. But don't think it makes sense to replace a section for such a small area. Thanks.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 06:04:46 -0400, in2-dadark wrote:

I've dinged my siding in the same way.
To repair small holes and such, I've cut a length of replacement siding to cover the hole and then glued it. Yes, it's noticeable but less so than the hole itself. By the way, I keep the width of the siding so it matches what's there and then work it or trim it to match.

Franz Fripplfrappl
✖
On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 06:04:46 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Leern ta spell morun
Itz spellt VYNALE ya doofisss
Da Spell Inspekter.
Add pictures here
✖
On Jul 16, 6:04 am, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

It is very easy to replace a piece of vynil siding. See here: http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/exterior/siding/repair/vinyl/panel/replace.htm
BTW you don't really need that tool, I used a cotter key extractor many times. You can even 'unlock' a piece by pushing down at the bottom. Takes 20 minutes tops to replace a 12' piece.
Add pictures here
✖

It is very easy to replace a piece of vynil siding. See here: http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/exterior/siding/repair/vinyl/panel/replace.htm
BTW you don't really need that tool, I used a cotter key extractor many times. You can even 'unlock' a piece by pushing down at the bottom. Takes 20 minutes tops to replace a 12' piece.
Add pictures here
✖
What is vynil?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Palstic! Hello!?
Add pictures here
✖
The builders tech repaired it for me when he came by to do another repair under the 2nd year section of the warranty.. Now I can only see the repaired section if I put my glasses on and look real close.
He used a silicone caulk that matches the color and he backed it up with insulation. I guess he's got a lot of practice because it's as close to perfect as you could get...
Even though I gave the product he used a good look, I still don't think I'd be able to pick it out of all the choices at lowes. I guess I'd be a general purpose or a window type exterior caulk...?
(I just used my spell check and it said 'vinal' is not incorrect...?) So why all the anality..?
Add pictures here
✖
Tahnks!
--