patching stucco is type S mortar ok?

large flat area to cover, is type S mortar ok to use to patch/cover a stucco cutout hole?
of course all the stuff underneath is put back in place: sheathing, tar paper, foam insulation, chicken wire

Thank you for your reply.
Premixed is very handy, like premixed joint compound, premixed stucco repair, stucco repair comes in a caulking tube, too.
It's just that I HAVE a partial bag of S type mortar and don't have any stucco repair. So to use up leftovers and to save a trip, thought I'd ask the group to see if there were any gotcha's.

It's called Amerimix S-Type, premixed lime and sand, but no mention of using as stucco. Talked about other applications though.
The reason I asked is that thin sheets of it looked a lot like stucco after they set up.
Thanks for telling me three coats, which means patience is the best technique.
Robert Macy wrote:

Yes. Says so on the sack, no?
--

dadiOH

DUH! I'm not one noted for reading well. will check, thanks for the 'heads up'!