Patching popcorn ceilings.

Hi, I just found this forum and hope you can help me.
I had to go up into the atic and my foot slipped and I punched a hol in the popcorn ceiling. I am generally fairly good with my hands an would like to repair this myself. Can someone advise me how to do th popcorn finish after I have installed the board. Thanks in advance
-- uas ----------------------------------------------------------------------- uasb's Profile: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=4 View this thread: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/showthread.php?tt47 This post was submitted via http://www.HomeRepairForums.or
On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 06:45:08 -0600, uasb

A word of caution. Your popcorn ceiling may contain asbestos. Do a Google search on Popcorn Ceiling and you will find all the information you need.

There are some spray products available, but all I have managed to do with them is make a mess. I have used a product called Bondex Popcorn Ceiling Patch for years and it does a great job. It comes in a one quart tub and you dab it on with a paint brush, or you can apply it with a wide drywall knife and then dab it. The thing I like about it is that cleans up with water and you can rearrange the particulate to approximately match the density of the original. For finish, look for Kilz Upshot. It comes in a spray can with a vertical nozzle and is designed to match the slightly dingy white color that ceilings get over time.
John
I used a similar tube product for popcorn patching and it worked well. Bought it at Lowes or Home Depot. Small tube with applicator.
"John?] "

Thanks for your replies. I will be going to Lows this weekend anyway s
I try to get it . Once again Thank