Patching oven in electric stove Help Req

My mom (77 years old) has a 50 year old frigidaire electric stove that she loves. I replaced the element about 10 years ago, but the bottom of the oven now has some rusted through spots on it. The largest spot is about the size of a pencil and the other 2 or 3 are about the size of a BB. She does not want to take the stove out since it works fine otherwise and really looks cool. Is there any thing that I can use to putty the holes up in the enameled steel that will resist the heat of the oven. Color doesn't matter since this is under the element and doesn't show. I figure that there must be some kind of epoxy or heat proof plaster that I could use . the total area is smaller than my palm. Anyone know where I can get something to fix this with?
Fireplace cement, covered by a steel patch screwed over the cement ? Talk to a fireplace store, they will have a better idea and materials
JB weld, comes in 2 small tubes like epoxy. Bondo might work too

JBweld or bondo in a cooking oven, no way fumes permeating food, and they both burn.
Good Grief, the bottom of the oven is just sheet metal; it isn't air tight and it doesn't have much structural strength (enamel is used just to make it look good and clean easily). You just want to add a thin metal piece over the existing bottome. Remove the bottom element, then cut a piece of sheet metal to cover as much of the bottom as you want. Uncoated iron/steel or aluminum flashing should be available at your local hardware store. Drill a few holes through the sheet and into the bottom and install sheet metal screws (use brass or uncoated screws) to hold it tight and keep it relatively flat so that it doesn't touch the heating element, reinstall the bottom element. You're done. Tell you mother to line the bottom of the oven with aluminum foil then periodically replace it with a clean sheet and don't have to worry about rusting.
sixguys3 wrote:

I wouldn't suggest you use anything with even the remote possibility of being toxic around foods. If the holes are just towards the center of the oven liner, maybe something like a shallow cooking tray can just be laid on top?
You can also but various 'oven liners' (see the following link) which may work but I wouldn't recommend any shinny aluminum trays as they can reflect heat right back to the oven element shortening it life span.
Oven Liner -> http://tinyurl.com/tjp5
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Frigidaire+range
=~~~~~~
"Dan O." wrote:

Some (?many?) electric stove manufactures suggest lining the oven bottome with aluminum foil. It may shorten the life but our oven has lasted for 30 years without a lower element replacement, but we don't bake every day.
George , Aluminum has nothing to do with Leaks- holes.
And your point is?
mark Ransley wrote:

George E. Cawthon wrote

I've never heard a range manufacturer recommending that, many in fact specifically warn against it.
From the Amana web site: ------------- Can I line the bottom of my oven or cover the oven rack with aluminum foil? Aluminum foil should never be used to cover the oven bottom or an oven rack. Aluminum foil disrupts airflow within the oven and can prevent proper gas combustion in gas ovens. Heat is reflected off the aluminum foil and alters the oven temperature.
To minimize spills in the oven, place a shallow pan or cookie sheet underneath food items that may drip or boil over. The pan must not touch the oven side walls, door, or back. -------------
JFYI
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+range
=~~~~~~

Check the yellow pages for an appliance parts distributor. They should have something that'll work.
But I'd just take a piece of aluminum foil. Wad it up into a cigar shape...the diameter you need for each of the holes...tapered. Then just shove it in there and cut off the excess.
Have a nice week...
Trent