patching old bath tiles

REmoving some paneling from a bathroom wall, I discovered the original 1920s tile beneath it. there are several holes drilled into the tile, which I'd like to patch and paint. Please give any advice on patching material and type of paint. Some of the holes are near the sink, so they will occasionally get wet. thanks.
--
tmefoy

tmefoy wrote:

Tile-patching compound is kinda like hen's teeth. Nonesuch.
You might try experimenting with plumber's epoxy and touch-up paint to see what might work. That's what I'd do, absent replacement tile(s).