Patching Nail Holes In Floor

Hi group,

I am ripping some old wall-to-wall carpeting to expose the hardwood floor underneath. (The carpet is shot and I hear hardwood floors are in these days.) The problem is the edges of the carpet are stapled to wooden slats which are nailed down to the floor. The nails are easy enough to pull out. The floor is in good shape and I don't plan to revarnish anytime soon. What is best to use to fill in the nail holes?

TIA-ZV

Reply to
Zack V.

Alan

Reply to
tbasc

I use colored putty -- available at hardware or paint stores -- and I typically end up with at least two different colors to match the grain where the nail hole is. Sometimes you have to mix putties to get a match.

You could try touch-up markers -- the color of the putty isn't as vital, but you want to start with a light colored marker first. You can always darken it, but starting too dark means you'll probably have to dig out the putty and start again.

Reply to
Hopkins

Wood putty.

Reply to