Patching holes in a steel entry door

Page 2 of 2

Sand and paint. Just like doing body work on a car, or patching drywall. Fill the hole with the epoxy, Knock off the high spots with sand paper. then add a bit of autobody glazing putty and feather it, then paint.

Yabbut, he could do the same with JB weld, too

The holes may have a ridge from the previously installed screws. Sand the paint surface to rough it up and then just dimple the surface around the hole so that the hole is depressed below the surface of the door. You can use a ball peen hammer or a hammer with a punch to depress the surface around the hole. Then you can use Bondo or use an epoxy filler that you cut off a roll or ribbon and knead together then fill the hole to the surface. Any that oozes into the hole will help keep it in place just as plaster oozing between lath strips keeps it on the wall. I have used this method when we removed some venetian blinds from a metal door. The patches have lasted 10 years without any problems.
On Monday, March 30, 2015 at 10:25:21 PM UTC-4, sid wrote:

Not suggeted yet is to put up curtains that do not look bad.