Patching concrete wall crack

Hi, our warehouse building has a small crack on the corner of the walls. We want to patch it up and paint over it. What is the best way to patch up the crack? Here are 2 pictures taken of the crack:

Thanks

Reply to
dchou4u

I don=92t think that=92s concrete. I think it=92s just stucco. You need stucco patch.

Reply to
Molly Brown

And like most stucco failures, FIRST you need to figure out how the water got behind it to make it fail, and fix that. Use a big icepick to probe the exposed wood and check for mushy spots. To get it to look right and last, I'd hire the work out. Stucco is an artisan skill, IMHO. Most DIY patches end up looking like crap, and/or failing quickly. OP will need to expose a fresh edge to bond to.

Reply to
aemeijers

I was kinda surprised when I saw wood there. The building is a tilt-up warehouse building. So I always thought that it should be concrete all the way through. Could it be that since this is a corner, they used stucco and wood to do the corners?

Reply to
dchou4u

The area is not that visible, so I am hoping to still tackle the crack myself without hiring someone. But your point regarding why it chipped off is valid. I will go up on the roof to see if there is a leak anywhere. Do I just apply stucco patch over the crack and level it with the wall? Will it stick to the wood interior?

Reply to
dchou4u

Google 'patching stucco' for a step-by-step with pictures. Goes on in

2-3 layers, ususally, after you staple tarpaper and chicken wire to the wood behind it. Assuming this is cement-based stucco, of course. The lack of visible chicken wire makes me wonder if this isn't fake stucco that was put up in sheets, with taped joints and texture gunnited over it.
Reply to
aemeijers