Patching ashpalt driveway?

Hi all,

before I start talking to my neighbor re: repairing our shared driveway, I'd like to get a plan together... it's an asphalt driveway, surprisingly in fairly good shape (I know that it's been neglected for years.) In the apron area, however, there's a "seam" between old and new asphalt. It looks like the old driveway had a new layer of asphalt laid down on it, but starting about 6' back from the road. Not sure why it was done this way, but it was. There's a decent sized area where the edge of the new asphalt (about 1.5" thick) has started to come away from the old. I'd like to patch this and then after that is done seal the whole thing. I was planning on doing all the work myself, just going to ask the neighbors to kick in a few dollars for materials because I might as well do the entire driveway if I'm going to do it at all. Additionally, the edge of the asphalt is deteriorated somewhat where the driveway buts up against the side of the house (brick/block.) I'd like to fill that area so that water drains down the driveway instead of sitting against the basement wall. I haven't had a problem yet, but better safe etc. The rest of the driveway appears to be in excellent shape just requiring some sealer to make it all nice and new appearing.

Question is this; what is the best way for a DIY to patch these areas? I have about no experience working on an asphalt driveway. If there's a good site with explanations, a pointer would be fine.

thanks,

nate

Reply to
N8N

PROJECTS ONLINE: PATCHING AND SEALING YOUR ASPHALT DRIVEWAY

Project Difficulty: Easy Estimated Project Time: 1 to 2 days

I have DIY PDF file, but cannot get it to you, try this for a start.

-- Oren

Oren