Paslode Nail Gun - Being Made in China !

damn-spam
[text omitted]

That's a typical land use and zoning code violation matter. There is plenty of justification for creating zoning laws that protect individual rights. Abuses of zoning laws by government power seekers and do-gooders are common, and the cases wind up un the courts in the US. Private abuse is a matter that requires the collusion of government officials - and that means the taking of property or property rights or rights under zoning laws with out the free volition of the individual property owner.

Issues such as that in the PRC masquerade as private property issues when, in fact, all real estate land property except for collectives is owned by the PRC and is leased or use priveledges granted by the PRC.

Leasehold rights are legitimate real estate interests in a free society, and they are identified and agreed to with volitional agreements that may by defended in court. That case is one of an individual fight against the PRC who had unlawfully taken her rights. In the PRC, however, rights, such that Americans know, are unknown in the PRC. They only have priveledges that are "lawfully" accorded by the state. Administrative decisions determine the outcomes of disputes.

Good luck if you think that individual property owners have western rights in the PRC. They don't.

[text omitted]

That is an example of Eminent Domain, and that is one of the more evil types of statism, and that exist in the USA and in the PRC. Eminent Domain, however, is the central principle of Communism, and in the USA Constitution it is a carry over from the kingdoms of Europe. The Framers of the US Constitution erred in establishing that principle in the USA. Nowadays we in the USA are finding repeated examples of private firms who get local governments to use the Federal Constitution principle of Eminent Domain in order to obtain properties that don't belong to them and that they cannot otherwise buy. That requires the bribery, clout, and suasion of government officials. Several cases are currently being brought through courts, and Supreme Court decisions will most certainly result. A Constitutional clash will amount to opposition of the pragmatist-statists and the advocates of individual rights and individual property rights.

There are a mix of type of disputes in each of these cases.

These examples in the PRC are similar to thousands of disputes that are happening in the USA Local, State, and possibly Federal Courts every day. The issues are the same: statism vs. the rights of individuals.

Most issues like those are routinely handled by the zoning boards, local and state courts.

The people in the PRC are taking their first baby steps by resisting PRC tanks, by writing ideas, and by bringing issues before the bureaucratic courts of the PRC and its agencies. They have millions of cases to go before enough quality decisions are considered to have the weight of law, or Common Law, and that as defined as principles may also be enacted into laws by free legislatures. It may take them one hundred years to get to where the USA is in terms of the recognition of absolute individual rights and the concept that the purpose of the state is to identify and to protect the rights of individuals.

The poster's quotation of URLs does a dis-service to individual rights everywhere by not explaining the relevance, meaning, and consequences of these issues.

Those people may or may not succeed in their cases, but the general sense of the omnipresent dictatorship sure as hell makes it self known in those reports. Note, also, that the news writers had to dance around the politically sensitive issues regarding confrontations to the authority of the state and its bureaucrats.

Writer, Charles Liu, of charles snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com, is an obvious apologist of the PRC.

Note that Mr. Liu has not come out in defense of individual rights, and rather, he has provided a vigorous and mixed implied defense of the omnipresent propriety of the PRC state. Just because the little guy is fighting for some semblance of rights, does not mean that Mr. Liu is against the dictatorship. It is clear that the PRC state determines what is justice and that it is always omnipowerful.

Mr. Liu does, however, imply that Eminent Domain is a violation of rights, and that it should be opposed. That is a rare viewpoint, and Liu should be commended for that.

Mr. Liu may have more to say.

Ralph Hertle

Reply to
Ralph Hertle

(snip) Thank u for ur analysis on land issues.

apologist of

People in soc.culture.china know that for years.

For people's information in alt.building.construction and alt.home.repair, Charles Liu is active poster in soc.culture.china. His frequent defense of PRC/CCP is -- when someone mention what chinese commuinist party do wrong, what PRC do wrong, within 3 or 4 posts (depend on his mood), he'll

-- argue how USA treat native americans;

-- argue how USA drop dirty bombs and radioactive waste to others;

-- argue what US patriot act is a bad law; anyhow, his strategy is moving the criticism of PRC/CCP to attack on USA, and then he achieve his defense of PRC when others are arguing on USA. This time his moving to Hawaii is one example.

As a naturalized USA citizen, he like to say "we americans". but when asked since USA is so bad, how come he became a USA citizen, and his reply is "my father wanna me so".

Okie dokie. I still read ur good article on land issues. ^_^

Reply to
Guru Google

Ralph, I think you made a very fundamental mistake - I said "eminent domain *abuse*". That's very different than "eminent domain". Just like America, China too have such abuse, and the three cases where the government was judged as wrong demonstrate that China do in fact have its own process, and protection of individual's rights to property, including real property, in practice and in law (as demonstrated by China's recent contitution amendments regarding protection of real property.)

Your anit-communism > charles snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com wrote:

society,

priveledges

Constitution

Nowadays we

government

advocates of

bureaucratic

rights

authority of

apologist of

Reply to
charles_liu

american

See how the anti-China promotion made you forget about our Benedict Arnold WASP CEOs and decision makers that exported jobs in the first place, and the congress who takes money from them and only do things out of appearances, like scapegoating China for our problems. If we destroy this "yellow menace", our sell-out corporations will simply export America's jobs elsewhere. Then what?

Instead of falling in line like lemmings and toe the China-bashing line, it's time to kick some of our won WASP homeboy asses, y'all.

=Economic%20Reform

charles_liu

We can't even compete in the information age. Third world countries like India are taking our "call center" jobs and programming jobs, etc. We will soon have nothing to sell anyone. Then all the wags will say "Who could have known?". Then we will become a third world country. No country stays great forever. Look at past history. We are no exception. Look at the last days of the Roman empire. The excesses continued up to the end. It will be the same here.

Stretch

Reply to
stretch

Then what? Can u focus on PRC court and law on labor and land dispute?

I think u better comment on PRC law on land ownership first. ^_^ Switching topics is ur favorite in soc.culture.china, but other people in the home building NGs dont like that. :^))

Reply to
Guru Google

He and u must explain where PRC got the money to buy US treasury. by buying US bond and treasury, efectively beijing is lending money to USA government to avoid RMB revaluation.

Because RMB pegged to USA dollar and us dollar is falling?

EU member currency pegged to the EU? That's the biggest joke today. Where is the "EU member currency" in 2005?

Hahaha. Now charles liu is citing history here. PRC is only around for

50 years and wonder how many of them RMB is pegged to usa dollar.

Beijing should peg RMB so 828 yuans equal 1 USA dollar.

But now EU is also having problem with chinese textile. Is the whole world having problem with PRC?

Oh yap. Finally charles liu mention dirty bomb and Iraq. He always say this when people criticize the communis in Beijing to deflat people's attention. But since Kelvin Mok comment ur science is atrocious that u worry the bad effect of hydrogen to human bodies, I bet others can ignore ur story on dirty bomb.

One question for ya. If today u dont live in USA but live in Shanghai, and u wanna visit other countries for a trip. Do u like to see chinese RMB appreciate or depreciate?

Reply to
goorugle

Even if it is undervalued, so what? Undervaluing their currency makes their exports cheaper to the U.S. vis-a-vis the US$. Effectively, undervaluation is a way to make their labor subsidize our life style.

The only problems are:

1) Loss of U.S. jobs 2) We become a debtor nation to China and thus must "kow-tow" to their whims. We thus become their economic hostages.

We are trading luxury, ease and consumerism for freedom. We've never had a problem with that before (at least not in the last 75 years).

Reply to
Vic Dura