Paslode Gas recall red

After visiting 2 Lowes and a Home Depot trying to buy paslode gas to finish a fence today, I came home and did a little research to figure out why it was not in stock anywhere except at 84 Lumber.

I found an article at this site (not mine)

which explained the following. This is an direct copy from the paslode PDF file:

Paslode has determined that a small percentage of "tall red" Fuel Cells (part #816000) designed for use in Paslode cordless framing nailers (part #900420) can leak fuel when the metering valve is attached to the Fuel Cell, which can result in a potential fire hazard. The Fuel Cells in question may compromise the safe and effective operation of Paslode cordless framing nailers, so we are treating this quality-related issue with caution and concern for our end-user customers.

PLEASE IMMEDIATELY CHECK YOUR INVENTORY AND RETURN ALL "TALL RED" FUEL CELLS WITH THE FOLLOWING DATE CODES:

BEST USE BEFORE: 09 AUG 2009 10 AUG 2009 11 AUG 2009

MANUFACTURED: 11 FEB 2008 12 FEB 2008 13 FEB 2008

Note: The "best-use-before" date code is on the bottom of each Fuel Cell. The manufacturing date code is on the outside of the Fuel Cell master carton above the Paslode logo. This Safety Notification only applies to Fuel Cells within the date codes listed above.

BTW, the stuff we bough was not one of those dates. If any of you have some of these, I suggest you return them for credit.

Reply to
Colbyt

"Colbyt" wrote in news:UP6dncy_ONb4B47VnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com:

Bud on the street has one. I'll give him a copy of your post.

Reply to
Red Green