Parts for Black & Decker Toaster Oven TRO480BS

Anyone know where to get a replacement timer for this unit? B&D does not have stock. Timer failed after a few weeks and stays on until manually turned off.
I wonder how to find out if there is a recall on this product. This is a fire/injury hazard.
Previous oven was also Black & Decker and used for 20 years. Was still working when replaced because heating elements started to heat unevenly.
I would not recommend the TRO480BS. Many problems -- those I recall are door can't be adjusted to close evenly, letting too much air in/out on one side. Top and bottom heaters don't heat equally - have to turn toast over to brown both sides, etc.
On Saturday, July 18, 2015 at 8:50:33 AM UTC-7, Snuffy Hub Cap McKinney wrote:

Try posting in sci.electronics.repair

McKinney wrote:

does not have stock.

off.

is a fire/injury hazard.

still working when replaced because heating elements started to heat unevenly.

are door can't be adjusted to close evenly, letting too much air in/out on one side. Top and bottom heaters don't heat equally - have to turn toast over to brown both sides, etc.

Thanks.
On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 08:59:50 -0700, Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney wrote:

Considering it is most likely manufactured in China, you may try your luck on AliExpress. Searching for "oven timer" pops up a decent lot of mechanical timer units. You'd have to check the markings on your timer for a match. And you'd need the patience for it to arrive :-)
Cheers!
On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 08:59:50 -0700, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"

The B&D TR048BS has one good feature... it's cheap. Typically about $30 when on sale. According to a few reviews that I skimmed, everything else about it is marginal. If a typical parts vendor: <http://www.ereplacementparts.com/black-and-decker-tro480bs-toaster-oven-parts-c-4167_124449_182647.html wants $11.29 for the timer knob, I can imagine what a replacement timer would cost. Methinks buying a replacement toaster oven might be cheaper. Or, as somone else suggested, try AliExpress. This looks like a possible: <http://www.aliexpress.com/item/30-minutes-pressure-cookers-microwave-oven-timer-parts-mechanical-timer-type-250V6-5A/1573000112.html
You didn't bother to mention whether the mechanism or the contacts failed on your existing timer. If the contacts, I suggest you take it apart and clean the contacts, which might fix the problem.
Incidentally, I use a similar B&D toaster oven for reflow soldering electronics: <http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/repair/BGA%20reflow/index.html
On Sat, 18 Jul 2015 08:50:00 -0700, "Snuffy \"Hub Cap\" McKinney"

After a few weeks after you bought it? Shouldn't they give you a new oven?
Did you ask for a new one or just for a new timer?
Or after a few weeks after you threw it off the roof of your house? In t hat case, no.
P&M

I thought they were supposed to be able to stay on indefinitely, because it was posstible to use them without setting a timer. For example, if you wanted to roast an entire pig, that would take a long time.

not have stock.

off.

In

is a fire/injury hazard.

because

if

still working when replaced because heating elements started to heat unevenly.

are door can't be adjusted to close evenly, letting too much air in/out on one side. Top and bottom heaters don't heat equally - have to turn toast over to brown both sides, etc.

LOL! Sober up, Micky!