particle flooring

our house is split level and top two levels are particle board. these floors squeak all over is there any way to fix this without replacing all the floors? someone suggested twisted shank nails. we also wish to place slate over these floors.
you could try some deck screws
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/search?group=alt.home.repair&q=squeaky+floors&qt_g=1
use deck screws, lots and lots of deck screws, or the slate will crack
use deck screws, lots and lots of deck screws, or the slate will crack
Redo the floors with 3/4" fir plywood or your slate will be cracked into little shitty peices. Cheap out and suffer, pay and get quality.