Partially open garage door?

Does it hurt the motor or any other parts if you leave a rollup garage connected to a garage door opener partially open? The door opener manual recommends against it because someone could become injured if they are sitting under the door when someone touches the remote or other controller, but it is not a safety issue in this case since no one will be sitting under the door while it is partially open. I am more concerned that it might be a strain on the motor to hold the door partailly open for hours. If the garage door is partially open it will be convenient since it will allow air to circulate in and out while still providing some privacy.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (TS) wrote in message

No, it will not hurt anything as long as the garage door spring is properly balanced.
Doordoc www.doorsandopeners.com
I live in Phoenix and keep mine partially open also. You will not harm anything.
Mike

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (TS) wrote in message

Yes, you stated that it was a rollup in your first post & that is what I was referring to.
Doordoc
TS wrote:

Bill Gill

I connected my photocells to (in addition to the garage opener) trip a signal alarm. The door is open only enough so anyone (except for the occasional critter) that could possibly fit would trip the light beam.
Mike