part of faucet is grounded, part is not

I have a kitchen faucet whose surface consists of a base metal ring, a body sleeve, and a metal handle. At first glance it appears all metal parts are in contact with each other. Measurements reveal the base metal ring is grounded (measured 0 volts AC and several ohms to a grounded receptacle's ground pin), but the sleeve and handle are not grounded.
Is there any code violation here? This faucet is 20 years old. I don't mind replacing the faucet if it helps.
I would say thats normal for faucets that include plastic as part of them. futher what hazard could it be?
are the outlets GFCI protected? that is the real issue
peter wrote:

It is normal. Do NOT count on plumbing as an electrical ground. Do not use plumbing as an electrical ground. It can be damaging to the plumbing and can be dangerous. You outlets should all be grounded themselves. All outlets near a sink should be GFI protected.
In an old home you may not have proper modern grounding. Assuming it was installed correctly to start with, has not been defeated by later modifications or had some sort of failure due to accident or age, you do not need to update except under certain conditions.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Why does this matter? Probably grease and o-ring seal are preventing a good connection. I assume newer houses with plastic water lines none of the faucets would be grounded. Seems like this would be safer if somehow you got between a hot line and the faucet. Of course plugs in kitchens and bathroom should be GFI anyway.