Parquet Tiles OUTDOORS?

I just saw on tv a place that has a wood parquet tile floor OUTDOORS next to a pool. No roof over it. Unless it's some vinyl that looks extremely realistic, it appeared to be the real thing. I have seen those floor come loose, warp and curl from a sink overflow, so how in the heck can it be used outdoors. Even if the adhesive was waterproof, the tiles will still warp and curl. Anyone know anything about this?
Mark
I dought its wood, floors today can be made to look like most anything natural .
snipped-for-privacy@UNLISTED.com wrote:

Ain't wood. Most likely they are ceramic tile. I've seen tile such as you describe and some of it is amazingly life like....for a dead tree.