parging concrete

Hello,
I have just had a contractor replace a wooden 2 ft high retaining wall with a cement one...It runs over 180 ft in total length in different directions. ..please see photo of a portion of the wall here...
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pipelinor1/detail?.dir=/8d9d&.dnm |ac.jpg&.src=ph
The contractor is going to bring everything back to grade ..landscape etc... I am looking for any advice as to parging a wall of this type....any hints or anybody ever do there own parging?....did google...but found folks just wanting to push their products....thanks for any constructive advice on this....
Jim

lot of work for very little effect, and tends to peel/freeze off or effloresce over time. If it is a retaining wall, why not just leave it natural on the earth side, and clean or sandblast the other, exposing the pebble aggregate for some interesting texture.
Jim writes:

Stucco mix plus acrylic admix. Holds up to constant immersion.