Paper shredder repaired

The paper shredder I bought so many years ago. Finally gave up, today. Didn't have the power to do much more than growl at me.
Took the screws out of the bottom, and took the cover apart. The lubricating grease on the gears had dried out. Took it outside, rinsed off the gears with ether starting spray. Relube with good brand of silicone.
The sticker said it was made in 2001.
Try it with some paper, and it's best it's been, in years.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I'm proud of you. On the bright side, you didn't have to top post.
Oren wrote:

Don't worry, he'll make up for it. *snicker* I just fixed a used top freezer refrigerator for a friend. Pulled the fan out of the back of the freezer compartment, refilled the felt oil reservoirs with 3-IN-ONE oil, vacuumed out all the critters and made a new back for the bottom to properly direct the airflow through the condenser. The old frige now works like new. It's amazing what a little lube and cleaning will do for an appliance.
TDD
For a short period of time. Three in one oil dries out, and gets sticky. At least, it has for me. There is oil designed for electric motors, that will work better. And longer lasting.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

You're probably referring to turbine oil that is sold at all the supply houses in the plastic bottle with the long pull up spout. I used the 3-IN ONE because it penetrates, cleans and lubes. It's a fine product that has never caused me any problems. There are times when I drill a tiny hole into the bushing housing of small motors to get to the felt oil reservoir and use a syringe to get oil into it. That method gets me many more years use out of a small motor. It works great with unit bearing condenser/evaporator fan motors.
TDD
Either turbine stuff, or straight weight, ND-30 kind of thing. I don't trust three in one.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Of course not. But in your case it is your only post that isn't top posted in a group where 99.8% of the posts are bottom posted. You obviously miss what lots of folks are trying to tell you. Top posting may be wrong or bottom posting may be wrong but it is impolite to be contrary just because.