Panazonic whisper fan, fv-08vq3, made to clog?

The squirrel cage blades have a unique shape that curve and they collect dirt well. I've never seen a fan so clogged completely. Is there anyway to clean these easily? I tried a vacuum and tooth brush but it's difficult.
The big sticky stuff comes out after much brushing/picking at the blades but they are still a mess. I believe that unless I can really get them clean, air circulation will suffer.
I would love to remove it from the ceiling and get at the fan directly, but it's installed under a fire "door" shroud and I'd have a real mess.
I don't have hi pressure air.
(I assume the dirt is "structurally" sound because of a previous smoker.)
On Fri, 10 Jul 2015 14:33:24 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

How big was the nozzle on your vacuum? Was it a vacuum meant for carpets, that is, full size?
I'd attach somethin to the tube that made the inlet maybe a 1/2". That should speed up the air going through it and maybe flush soem more dirt off. I can't picture your situation, so maybe this won't work.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes:

I don't agree. The fan will work fine with a bit of dust left in it. Don't try to go nuts cleaning it, it's a waste of time.
You might want to go shopping for brushes. I have a few different long narrow brushes. The type made of twisted wire and bristles.
--
Dan Espen

Well I found a "whisk" brush used to clean suits. It had long, thin plastic compliant bristles that could be jammed between the blades. I added a little soap and, one hour later, it's now clean enough. It moves the air well.
(Sure a lot of political junk and invective in here. Too bad this isn't moderated. Used to be a nice clean group.)
Thanks for the suggestions.
On Saturday, July 11, 2015 at 1:16:32 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Couldn't agree more...
stall the fan, then apply compressed air.
if you dont restrain the fan, it will overspeed and fly apart.
bob haller has brought this to us :

Only if you are careless and stupid. Just apply enough air to spin the fan a bit and stop as it gets faster :-?
--
John G Sydney.

o clean these easily? I tried a vacuum and tooth brush but it's difficult.

an, air circulation will suffer.

*I feel your pain. I have replaced and repaired many bath fans for custome rs over the years. The worst ones have multiple animals in the house. The excess dust, hair, and dander not only inhibits air flow, the extra weight of it puts a strain on the fan motor.
The motor unit is removable, but the screws are usually set far back. I ha ve an extra long Philips screwdriver that I bought just for Panasonic fans. It is possible to get replacement parts from Panasonic. Q-Tip swabs work and so does bamboo kabob skewers, even toothpicks are useful. There are lo ng cotton swabs available for commercial applications. Air blowing and vac uuming only get so much. You must scrape to get it all off. Just keep at it.
After you get it all cleaned out, do what I did. I bought a sheet of reusa ble furnace filter and cut pieces to fit inside the fan grill. Every few m onths I pull them out and wash with soap and water, then put them back.
John Grabowski http://www.MrElectrician.TV