Panasonic Microwave Problem

Hello:
Have a Panasonic Microwave purchased in '98.
Model is MMN-S768.
Lately, it won't heat anymore, usually, and what I guess is a code appears on the display: "H98"
About 25 % of the time, though, it does work.
Any idea what this code signifies ?
What's a typical lifetime for something like this ?
Any thoughts would be most appreciated.
Thanks, Bob
I just happen to have a Panasonic Microwave (nn-n6778a) built in 1997. It wouldn't heat.
I opened it up. Checked the fuse...good. Checked the door interlock switches...good.
I put it back together and it worked for a month.
Then the wife bought a new Panasonic (NN-T785SF). Built just as well as the old one. It's bigger on the inside. Heats faster. Cost 100 bucks.
I recomend you do the same.
Robert11 wrote:

Tell you the honest truth, Microwave ovens are not worth repairing. The newer ones are better, and both the new and the older ones are not really designed to be repaired. Between the potential dangers of repairing, finding parts if available and the fact that the new ones are really better and cheaper, I would not consider repairing anything other than the most simple of repairs and in a eight year old one, I would not even bother with those.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Hi,