pan roof vs insulated roof?

hey,

we're in the planning stage for a small screen enclosed patio in HOT central florida and have a lot of questions.

as i said, it's going to be small, the slab is going to be 15' long x 8' wide. we want a ceiling fan hung in the center and an electrical outlet somewhere in the enclosure.

it is going up against the side of the house with no entry/exit from the house. the enclosure will have a door on the outside only.

we would like to make the job as easy as possible for all involved, i.e.. slab man, enclosure installer and electrician.

what is the most logical way to proceed as far as ease of the project for everyone involved? you know it will be impossible to get all three guys out to look over such a small project at the same time so they can confer with each other. right now the order of "appearance will be slab man, installer and electrician.

what can these guys do to make the job easier for other?

also, should we get an aluminum pan roof or an aluminum insulated roof (the term everyone around here uses is "elite" roof for the insulated version)?

can someone with experience tell me the pros and cons of each? I know the insulated is more expensive but can anyone give me an idea of how much more expensive? how much cooler is an insulated roof vs. the pan roof?

will it be easier to hang a ceiling fan from one or the other and if so, why?

i know these are a lot of questions and we'll appreciate any input. these are also basic questions. if i'm missing anything here, please chime in.

thanks,

mike

Reply to
mike