PaintZoom.... inyone see it, buy it??

More infomercial fare, but inneresting in that this appears to be a *true* HVLP sprayer.... well, mebbe "true" hvlp sprayer.... lol

Inyway, all told, about $100. You carry the compressor on a shoulder strap. Looks like very little blowback. The infomercial was mildly inneresting, and altho the demo's were of course pre-biased, the seamless painting of rough surfaces is proly truer than they portray, as they are so determined to muck up *everything* in their favor.

To wit, they virtually dismessed -- or rather, totally disguised -- the need for masking, giving the impression you need not mask any more than you would for brushes/rollers. Not having used hvlp, I'm assuming this is really a stretch....

Compare with HF's ditty:

Also, I believe you can use a paint pot (like
for more capacity, with hvlp. You would need a sep. supply of compressed air, which sort of complicates things, but in a sense, should give the best of both worlds -- more capacity, lighter spray gun, more thickness control. But christ, the g-d paint pot is as much as the hvlp unit!! wtf???

I imagine the paint pot pressure would have to be pretty low, *and* stable. The regulator on the HF paint pot does neither particularly well, so be prepared to substitute it.

The real Q is: is Paintzoom a toy? Proly is. Might work well for a while. I myself would (and will sooner or later -- too much blow back with my hplv sprayer, messy) go with the HF unit, esp. since some here posted some time ago that it does a reasonable job.

Inyway, thought this was inneresting, and additionally inneresting was, in the 10 min or so I watched, they never described the system as "hvlp"..... heh, mebbe it isn't???? LOL

Reply to
Existential Angst

Since you area asking if it's a "toy", I'll assume you have little if any experience in the subject to decide for yourself.

I'd also assume you are not talking about becoming a commercial painter using this little trick.

So, maybe it's a toy, maybe not.

The REAL question is - will it do what you want done?

Having said all that, I'd still recommend the HF (Chicago Electric) set-up. I've used one for years and never once felt the need to strap it to my back!

Reply to
Richard

If that paintzoom is the one I remember on tv, I recall how slow they painted a wall or fence. It looked fine for a small spot but I think it was way too slow for a large job unless you have a lot of time on your hands.

Reply to
Doug

The site proly has a facsimile of the infomercial. It looked like a decent speed to me, not what I get with my paint pot/sprayer, but OK, and "apparently" a lot less messy-er, altho I'm sure I'll have to find out the hard way. In the spring I"ll proly pick up the HF version, unless I catch a sale earlier.

The inneresting part of this "experiment" will be to see if a pressurized paint pot can be used in conjunction with hvlp. I'm betting it can, but we'll find out in the spring. :)

Reply to
Existential Angst

Please keep us posted about your experiences. I think it would be helpful for many. TIA

Reply to
Doug