Painting Windows

Hi, I'm new to this group!!

I have a few windows that need to be painted inside. It is pretty cold out (around or below freezing temp), is it okay to paint them now or should I wait until the spring/summer??

Thanks, KR

Reply to
KR

If you mean you are worried about freezing on the inside of the exterior window then you have concerns. If aluminum they might get cold enough to freeze, if wood with storms then if it is near 0-10 with oil or 20 with latex I would worry, if you have any condensation on the glass your humidity is to high it can ruin paint. If you really want to be sure get a IR thermometer at Radioshck for 30$. You just dont want the paint to freeze before it cures a few weeks , Latex may freeze at 20-28. But new formulations of paint say from Sherwin Williams can freeze safely depending on product in 4-8 hrs. Go to a real paint store if your window temp is low. But 32 outside for a low nightime temp it not much to worry unless it is cheap aluminum.

Reply to
m Ransley

Tell your wife we said definitely wait till spring ;-)

Reply to
Special Ed

LOL! I am the wife, but will also be doing the painting...

Thanks for the input, I will wait until spring!

KR

Reply to
KR

Well, I'll be gettin' around to that, Ma, one of these days......signed....Pa Kettle....

Reply to
Ross Mac

The label on your paint can probably lists the right temperature for painting.

Reply to
Don Phillipson