Painting uneven plastered wall

Hi all, I hope I have the right group for this. I have recently stripped the wall paper from my bedroom & lightly samned down the wall. Just put a white matt emulsion as an "undercoat" on the stripped wall & every single small hole, crack & blemish is showing through even though I thought the paint would sort of cover it.Other than just put coat after coat of paint on the wall, Im thinking of lining the wall with something like sheets of Hard board of MDF & taping the joints with joint tape & then painting this. Anyone know what would be the best thing to do.
Regards & thanks in advance,
Rich
On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 16:06:34 +0100, millt <> wrote:

Coat the entire wall with Kilz, if the paint is oil based, use oil based Kilz, if the paint is latex then use latex based Kilz. After you apply the Kilz then repaint. http://www.kilz.com /
Get some spackling compound and fill the holes and cracks, then sand smooth and paint. I'm not clear on what a blemish is; if its just discoloration, a second coat of paint should cover it.
You should be prepared to spend more time on prep than on painting.