Painting & trim

If I'm doing a second coat of painting, should I also go around the ceiling, doors, etc again?? I put the trim on fairly thick compared to the rest of the wall...
KR
KR wrote:

Two coats means two coats, not one thick one. One thick coat often creates more problems and offsets any perceived time savings. More thin coats is always superior to fewer thick coats.

Having said that (typical AHR - providing criticism without actually answering the question), no you don't necessarily need to paint the trim again. How does it look?
jeffc wrote:

Interesting. You don't see my response, "Two coats means two coats, not one." as indicating my answer to the OP's question?
Paint is not solely a cosmetic coating. It is also a protective coating. Two thin coats wears better and lasts longer than one thick coat.

By the way, if you are painting over existing paint, buying a premium wall paint will usually result in the need for one coat, not two. I sometimes say "I don't buy cheap paint - it's too expensive." If you need twice as many gallons and it takes you twice as long to do, it's not much of a bargain any more. Top quality paint will cost in the $22-30 range usually. And usually very worth it.

You can't buy premium paint. It involves opening the yellow pages and finding a real paint store, instead of mindlessly going to Home Despot. If you *do* manage to locate a paint store, you can't get there without a map, which you can't get because the kids are hogging the computer, and even though gas stations sell nice local map books, it's illegal to buy them or look at them.
Just forget the whole idea.
Doug Kanter wrote:

Forgot to take your medication this AM?

Stop, will ya? Go have some more coffee.