Painting Tire Rims

Page 2 of 2

re: "I would advise against relying on a 15 year old tire as a "spare"..."
Never said the spare was 15 YO.
If fact, the spare is newer than the 2 tires that are on the axle, but it doesn't match and the tread pattern is different.
The plan is to buy 2 new tires, retain the current spare as a spare and cleanup all 3 rims.
DerbyDad03 wrote the following:

Perhaps not, but on 10/4/2010 at 3:00 PM (my EDT) You included the spare in the following ambiguous paragraph.
"I can get some mid-range tires, same size as the originals (which have been on the trailer for 15 years) - $69 each, mounted and balanced. I only need 2, as the spare is fine".

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Metal Prep or Phosphoric acid before the primer.
On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 07:43:07 -0700, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Do you have a compressor? You could DIY a sandblaster if so (I've done it here and results were pretty good).
Or a wire cup-brush in an angle grinder is good, as someone mentioned - it just won't get right into the corners, so you'd still be left with some manual work there.
Or just hammerite it with some brush-on stuff, then spray over the top. They're wheels, and they're going to get dirty and chipped very quickly, so there's probably no point going for perfection.
cheers
Jules
Your may want to check Tractor Supply they have good deals on tires and wheels.:o
--
Airport Shuttle

'' (http://www.yourcityride.com )