Painting TimberTech Deck

Hi, Any opinions on the best paint to use on TimberTech decking? Does it need to be sanded and primed prior to painting? It's a fairly large, uncovered multi-level deck. We just bought this home and the previous owner painted it white...blinding when the sun shines! Looks out on a great back yard though. Thanks for any help!
It is a composite plastic product, polymer and wood dust. Not to be painted with normal logic. Plastics need the proper paint products to bond. See how the paint bonds use you finger nail or a screwdriver, does it come off. What was it painted with, find out and talk to Timber Tech. They may have done it right but its up to you to find out. I would guess they used latex porch and floor paint. It wont wear well and water may not do well on horizontal surfaces. What to put on now? It depends on what they used.