painting the plastic sash on my windows

I just had new windows installed in my home. They are double hung, the bottom one slides up and the top one slides down. My problem is that I have white trim but the sash that the windows slide up and down on is a beige color (its also plastic). I'd like to 1) paint the plastic white and 2) do it in such a way that it is durable enough to handle the windows sliding up and down. Thanks for input!!
Mike
On 3 Nov 2003 20:11:26 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Mike Salazar) wrote:

Why not paint the house beige, Mike? lol
Seriously...I don't think its a good idea. Once you paint, you'll be painting again some day. And it'd be tough to be a tight bead where the window slides...without interfering with the operation of the window.
And it definitely won't look good if you have internal crossbars on the window panes...as mine do.
I just put in 4 vinyl windows with pretty much the same problem. The windows are beige...the aluminum siding is white. I personally think it looks even better this way. The windows mildly contrast the siding...and make them stick out.
I think it looks good. But, hey...that's just me.
Good luck.
P.S. If you DO decide to paint, DON'T use latex!
Have a nice week...
Trent
Painting plastic requires special primer ,like XIM. You should contact the manufacturer, for their recomendations on painting. It sounds like a bad idea. Why didnt you get windows the proper color. Its sounds like you bought a problem.