Painting styrofoam

What is a good paint for styrofoam board ? I need something for cosmetic reasons, something that will stick and not chip, something that can be easily cleaned
Nick Hull wrote:

Latex.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Start with latex. Anything else may have some solvents that will attack the foam. Once you have a solid latex barrier, it is possible to put other coatings on top of it.
| What is a good paint for styrofoam board ? I need something for | cosmetic reasons, something that will stick and not chip, something that | can be easily cleaned
use acrylic paint for a base coat and finish with "tempra paint" not latex paint though it tends to flake off when dry..

Water soluble acrylics only. You can buy these 60 ml/2 fl oz bottles at the Dollar Store. The art supplies and craft stores also carry these acrylics but they cost a lot more there. For large areas you may have to resort to latex on account of cost.