painting stainless steel hose clamps

I have some stainless steel hose clamps that I brought from Lowes.
I'd like to paint them black as part of my project.
any recommendations on this? they are apparently treated a bit differently than zinc based metals.
--
<---=-Dilbert Firestorm-=--->
Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!

Rinse them off in lacquer thinner and shoot them with lacquer.

Try Krylon Plastic Spray cans. (after cleaning good) I have found it to stick to all things I have tried. Give it plenty of cure time before handling. WW

Whatever paint you decide on rough up the surface a bit so there's some tooth for the paint to grab. Sandpaper or steel wool will work, or acid etch the stainless with heated ferric chloride if you want to take the trouble to get all the nooks and crannies.

Hit send too quickly - you could also return what you bought and buy black stainless hose clamps. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230574317169
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020707020609030208070300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
On 3/14/2011 3:48 PM, RicodJour wrote:

- 3/8, not sure if this size will fit. I need #8 (7/16 - 29/32).
--
<---=-Dilbert Firestorm-=--->
Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!

Oddly enough research does take some effort. ;)
On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 09:47:27 -0500, dilbert firestorm

They are stainless. So they don't want the paint to stain them. Would you?
That doesn't mean you can't paint them.
On 3/14/2011 11:30 PM, mm wrote:

--
<---=-Dilbert Firestorm-=--->
Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!
On 3/14/2011 6:47 AM dilbert firestorm spake thus:

Other suggestions here are good (basically get as clean as possible w/solvent, then spray with either lacquer or oil-based spray paint). I would only add that you might try baking them after painting (somewhere in the 150-200 degree range) to toughen up the paint coat. Won't help it to stick, but should make it more resistant to chipping.
Maybe try baking just one and see if it's worth it.
--
The phrase "jump the shark" itself jumped the shark about a decade ago.

- Usenet
On 3/16/2011 5:24 PM, David Nebenzahl wrote:

--
<---=-Dilbert Firestorm-=--->
Zizzle that Fire - it's Zizzle Time !!!!!!!
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 21:57:24 -0500, dilbert firestorm

Painting hoses clamps - excuse me - doesn't sound like a good idea. The slots will chip, the screw slot or hex will chip, and maybe the strap will chip when it's bent. Gonna look real ugly. Maybe after they're on you could tape and spray then. Or just brush some paint on. It's a hose clamp, nobody cares if it real pretty.
--Vic

I agree. Doesn't matter what you do, paint is not going to stick wortha crap and it's going to get all chipped off when the hose clamp is loosened and tightened.