Painting sheet metal line cover

how do I paint the steel line cover for the HVAC lines that were run exteriorly? Prime with kilz? then paint? is it "less" obvious against a stucco wall if I stucco it and if so - HOW?

Live in a HOA and need to make it less obvious. ;-\ __________________________ Totus Tuus Claudia Satori

Reply to
Claudia

As a chauffeur/gopher/stenographer/special projects manager for the boss, an electrical contractor, I rubbed down galvanized parking lot light poles with white vinegar before brush painting them with colored enamel paint. I've aged and grown wiser and know now that we acid etched that galv before painting. Those poles lasted many years and still play their part lighting up a new car dealers shiny products but imagine they have been painted a few times since then which was back in the late 60's.

Reply to
bumtracks

Use RustOleum primer and paint. Ace Hardware, any box store should have close color matches. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

"Claudia" > how do I paint the steel line cover for the HVAC lines that were run

They sell special primer for unpainted zinc surfaces. If your lines are galv. then this will work. Lines should be degreased/cleaned first. I use thinner followed by Fantastic or 409. Vinegar also works, I hear. Final coat should be any good qual. exterior enamel suited for metal, and roughly matching the background colors.

Reply to
Roger