Painting resin furniture

Does anybody know of a proven way to paint resin furniture and have it bond well , excluding Krylon spray for plastic, or any spray cans.

Reply to
m Ransley

Hey m - You contribute to these news groups quite a bit and here you are with an orphaned post no one replied to. Sorry to leave you hangen

I know of no proven way to paint this stuff. Sorry. Yea, I have seen the krylon stuff advertised. Probably other companies make paint for plastics too, never tried them.

What I have tried - When the chairs look dingy I hit them with some X-14 bathroom cleaner and a scrub brush. They look brand spanken new after that treatment. That doesn't get you a color change but they do look better after.

Post back if you find a paint that works well.

-B

Reply to
No

Not furniture per se. I have a big resin flower pot I painted about 10 years ago that seems to have held up fairly well. It had chalked out. I washed it well allowed it to dry and used a decent quality acrylic latex paint that I had left over from another project.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt