painting radiator pipe

We'd like to paint a steam radiator pipe to match the walls in our house. Can this be done with the same latex paint, or do I need something special?

Thanks.

Reply to
BKS

Prime it with a metal primer and paint it. Make sure any grease and/or oil is off the pipe or the paint won't stick.

Be prepared for the stink of a life time when you first fire up the system in the fall.....

Reply to
HeatMan

We've painted the steam pipes in our home with the same paint we used on the walls and it has held up fine.

Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

Reply to
George E. Cawthon