painting radiator pipe

We'd like to paint a steam radiator pipe to match the walls in our house. Can this be done with the same latex paint, or do I need something special?
Thanks.
Prime it with a metal primer and paint it. Make sure any grease and/or oil is off the pipe or the paint won't stick.
Be prepared for the stink of a life time when you first fire up the system in the fall.....

We've painted the steam pipes in our home with the same paint we used on the walls and it has held up fine.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
People paint them all the type. If they have been painted before, just give a good wash with tri sodium phosphate and paint when dry. If unpainted, wash, use a primer and then paint with the wall paint.