Painting Question

every paint job should begin by scrubing everything well.

otherwise the dirt present is entombed in paint and the finished job doesnt look as good:(

painting is 90% prep work.

plus it forces you to empty the room and clean everything, its amazing how dirty a home can get

Reply to
bob haller

You were never in the Navy, were you? :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Note he said 'should'.

That's one area where the Marines and squids did things the same. 'If it's brass, polish it; if it's a floor swab it; if it's not- paint it.'

Had a Gy-sgt who inspected with a chipping hammer. If he felt like ruining everyone's weekend he'd chip 50 coats of paint off some pipe in the head-- and require all the paint to be chipped off and the brass polished.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

-snip-

I always mop with a bucket of ammonia/water before I paint no matter what room I'm doing, or how old the paint is. Then I rinse it.

Takes an hour or so. Saves a couple days of headaches if something unknown was on the paint & wouldn't allow the new paint to stick.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht