Painting question

I have an outside wall primed and ready, tomorrow is supposed to be 70, but tomorrow night it is supposed to drop into the low 30s maybe even the 20s. I am thinking of shooting it with latex through an airless sprayer in the morning. Would I be shooting myself in the foot?

Reply to
Eric in North TX

Doesn't the can say you're supposed to have the surface above 55 degrees? Will the wall surface be 55 even if the air has made it to 70? I'd expect the wall to still be cold from the overnight. I wouldn't risk it since redoing it would be a royal pain. That "Wintery Mix" listed on the NWS forecast for Thursday doesn't look paint friendly.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

The wall faces east and will be plenty warm by the time I was ready to shoot, but I agree, it might seriously be effected by Thursday night. I'll just wait, "if you don't like the weather here wait 5 minutes."

Reply to
Eric in North TX

I don't think you should have any problem w/ a latex as most are rain-resistant in a couple hours or so. Again can should give you time you need.

The front is on its way certainly -- still near 60 here, two places a little ways to the north of us less than 50 mi apart were different by over 25 F on the weather an hour ago. Don't think it will get to you 'til fairly late in the day anyway unless it speeds up significantly, it's probably 300 mi from southern edge of it now down there.

Reply to
dpb

You're conducting a risk/aversion poll. You will get the usual bell curve in the answers.

There are low temperature paints that you could use. Sherwin Williams, for one, has a few paints that can be applied with temperatures down to

35 degrees. That should be all the insurance you need. R
Reply to
RicodJour

Given the current "Severe thunderstorm warning", "Winter storm warning" and "Tornado watch" I think not painting outside today is a good idea...

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

I'm in Wichita, KS... I've got about 1/4 inch of sleet/ice to scrape off my windsheild before I leave work tonight.

Hopefully, you didn't paint anything...this weather is the pits. Not too mention, it's 25 degrees outside with 30-40 mph north winds... my lips get numb in a few minutes when I go out for a smoke, can't imagine what it would be like being outside all day in this.

Reply to
kellyj00