Painting PVC pipe

Created a hanging garden setup using PVC pipe and a couple plastic 5 gal buckets. Technically fine but ugly white. Wondering what paints work best in exterior situations? Based on the size spray or brush would be equally usable. Wish to get one or two seasons at least though.

Tomorrow during business hours, go to this web site, find a phone number, and call the company. Do exactly what they tell you. Ignore everything you hear in this newsgroup unless it exactly matches what the Krylon person tells you.
www.krylon.com
I can say this with confidence after being an advisor to some eclectic kid projects over the years, like a stenciled pattern on a football helmet, which had to be ready to use in under 2 hours, for use in rain, at 34 degrees F.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

My hubby used a plastic primer, probably Krylon, to paint some light posts in our condo yard - 'bout three years ago? Spray painted dark green. Holding up fine, no peeling, lots of sun.
Paint choice is less significant than primer choice. Based on some recommendations from a few local contractors, I used Glidden Gripper Primer from Home Depot .. .. .. works GREAT !! !! !!
Jim wrote:

I painted a PVC pipe 18 years ago with Rustoleum. Not sure if their formula has changed since, though. Krylon makes a spray paint made for plastics.