Painting Prressure Treated wood...?

Anything special needed to paint fresh pressure treated lumber?

Wife wants the structure I am building to look pretty... no other comments...

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Should not be painted (needs to breath) but stained instead.

Reply to
DiG

I just googled 'painting pressure treated wood' and it seemed to come up with a bunch of hits, didn't check them all but it seemed like some may answer your question.

Reply to
autonut843

Stain it, but only after it dries, fresh pressure treat can take 6 months to dry, get a 20$ moisture meter so you dont guess. A solid stain looks like paint.

Reply to
m Ransley

Patience is needed to allow the wood to dry. If painted wet for sure it will peel. When dry, prime, then paint. Much better than paint, use stain.

Reply to
Phisherman