Painting Prressure Treated wood...?

     Anything special needed to paint fresh pressure treated lumber?
Wife wants the structure I am building to look pretty... no other comments...
Bob G.
Should not be painted (needs to breath) but stained instead.

Bob G. wrote:

I just googled 'painting pressure treated wood' and it seemed to come up with a bunch of hits, didn't check them all but it seemed like some may answer your question.
Stain it, but only after it dries, fresh pressure treat can take 6 months to dry, get a 20$ moisture meter so you dont guess. A solid stain looks like paint.
On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 13:02:13 -0400, Bob G.

Patience is needed to allow the wood to dry. If painted wet for sure it will peel. When dry, prime, then paint. Much better than paint, use stain.