Painting Plumbing Fixtures

All,
I may be way off base here - but I have an idea. I am replacing bathroom fixtures, and can only use replacement trim parts for my tub/shower.
I want an oil rubbed bronze color, but the only color the replacement trim comes in is chrome/brass.
Is there any finish/paint I can apply to the fixtures that will get close to that color and withstand use?
Chris

I think it might look like junk in short order.