painting over gloss on brick walls with emulsion

hi there i wonder if anyone can help me? my mother in law has a brick outer house attached to the house witch is looking very cold and damp. the thing is, she wants it to look part of the kitchen. the brick walls are coated very thick with gloss paint and she wants to paint them with emulsion, is it possible or would i have to strip it. if so what is the quickest and cheapest way of doing it
On Sep 29, 5:21 pm, green_fingas snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

I would clean it and prime it, go to a real paint store to get the right product.