Painting over foil wallpaper

We purchased an older condo. We want to paint OVER the foil wallpaper in a couple of rooms. If we try to remove the stuff, the walls underneath have not been sized and we do not want to put up with trying to repair the mess of removal.
So, does anyone have a good idea on what is necessary to prepare the foil for paint??? thanks very much.
--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners