Painting over asphalt tile

I'm wondering if floor paint will stick to some circa 1975 asphalt floor tiles. This is to try to make a floor in a warehouse office a bit less ugly than it is now. Anyone ever try it? Ed

Ive seen it done, using a floor buffer with a coarser pad than a cleaning pad, and oil paint should make it work, but hey you knew that.
I think there are some industrial grade epoxy floor paints. I have used the home grade for my garage, and it covers a multitude of sins, though it is concrete. Wears very well.